Saturday 29 January 2011

You Nearly Got Me YSL!

Whilst buying a new YSL Faux Cils in John Lewis yesterday I was captivated by their new Spring 2011 collection. Although the whole collection is beautiful I quickly became obsessed with the nail varnish duo that is featured in the collection. I love this new concept that YSL first launched in the past summer. The idea is that the nail varnishes come in a duo of two complimentary but contrasting colours so you can do a French tip with one of the colours. The brushes are shaped to make this a little easier.


I went away considering going back to buy the set but at £24 I was convinced I could dupe it at home!

Surprise surprise I could....... 

Twice!!

First up are a Nails Inc twosome, a permanent colour Jermyn Street and my recently purchased Denim,


Secondly I have OPI Over The Taupe and Suzi Says Feng Shui .


Ok, I know they aren't quite the same but think they are near enough for me! In fact I think the OPI Over The Taupe and the Nails Inc Denim are the most similar to the YSL version. I think I'll wait until YSL bring out a duo I don't already own!

Do you like this colour combo? What do you think of the French tip twist?

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I have in the past done coloured french mani's but am feeling a bit more classic cream one colour look at the mo, although not til my month long nail varnish ban is lifted. I was thinking that either the Caramel Nails Inc from recent Coke promo or Models Own Nude beige might be nearer matches for the beige, based on this pic alone but cant think of a dupe for the teal off the top of my head so if it looks like that in the flesh it might be a very unique shade, most teal creams are either more green or more blue when they are on, this looks lovely. Nice post! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love teals and blues, I can't get enough different shades at the moment! I will try the manicure, I'll see what I think! x

    ReplyDelete