Wednesday 2 March 2011

NOTD - OPI Black Shatter and Nails Inc Kingly Street

In a payday tiz I caved in and bought OPI Black Shatter, it was fresh out on the shelves in John Lewis and I couldn't help myself! 

I immediately pictured the black crackle over the top of a metallic silver and Nails Inc's Kingly stepped up. The silver glitter bomb was part of a Nails Inc Christmas quad released a year or so ago.

I loved the combo of the sparkly silver under the black and it was very eye catching. I received many compliments at work and was asked many questions about how to achieve the look!

Kingly Street took three coats to be truly opaque and unfortunately it was rather brittle and I lost the polish from my thumb after two days. This could have been due to one of two reasons, either the polish was too thick or because I was using a different base coat as I have run out of the amazing CND Stickey.

As for application Black Shatter was very easy to use, you don't have to worry about being neat as the polish shrinks to achieve the look, as a result any mess is tidied up! As I found with the CG Crackles it dries VERY quickly and you must work fast. 

The problem I have always had with the black colour is that I feel it is quite limited with the combination of base colours. I don't want to put black with anything just because "black goes with everything".

Still, I'm glad I bought it and I am excited to try new colour pairings.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. This looks so good! Have you tried the Barry M Shatter polish?

    ifitwasatag.blogspot.com

    Helen

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete