Sunday 12 June 2011

FOTD featuring Candy Yum Yum!

I missed out on Candy Yum Yum a couple of months ago when it first came out with the Quite Cute collection, I just wasn't sure that I'd like it. When Kelly Osborne mentioned on Twitter that this was her new favourite lipstick and YouTubers and bloggers started to get excited, I started to want it!! Anyway a friend bought it and she didn't like it so we swapped, I had just bought Creme Cup and didn't like that either.

I wore it as soon as I got it and my BFF, gasped when he saw me wearing it and proclaimed "That's a bit bright isn't it?!" Perhaps it was little wild for work! 

I took it off and tried again at home, and it looked awful. So away it went as a lipstick that was collected but never worn.

Today I tried it again, 


LOVE IT!!!

I used a lip brush and applied a little bit of clear gloss over the top. The lipstick itself is quite matte so the gloss helps to soften the look but it stays bright. I love it for the summer, I still think it's too bright for work but will be fab for my holiday!

I am also wearing,

♥ Chanel Vita Lumiere in Biege B20
♥ MAC MSF Natural
♥ MAC Amazon Princess Blush
♥ MAC Retrospeck and Patina Eyeshadow
♥ MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
♥ Bobbi Brown Clear Lip Gloss

I kept the rest of my makeup pretty neutral and let the bright lipstick be the feature.

Have you got this lipstick? What do you think?!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment